Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week 5 Reading

Frank Sinatra was sooo good. It encapsulated his need for attention, his stereotypical Italian lifestyle and demeanor. I love that he was like a don, people needed to pay their respects to him when they walked into his bar, the description of him being the town leader cruising down the street, everyone kissing his hand, it was great. And his competition with the Beatles, and the profile of his mom and everybody around him, his marriage to Ava Gardner, it was all so deep and it was incredible how much I know Sinatra now. I don't even listen to his music, I just have a mash-up with him and Biggie, and I've seen Manchurian Candidate, so it was cool getting to know ol' blue eyes. 
Memory was cool too, it was kind of a downer and I thought it meandered a bit, but I like that it settled on the two dudes bro-ing out and telling stories, and all they have is their memories. I guess the disrepair of the structure is to reflect the illusion of life these people are living, but I feel like that realization only comes through conscious analysis of the piece, he didn't make me feel like these people you know? It was a huge bummer too for most of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment